A kayak is a slim type of boat that can be used by one or two persons. It can also be considered as a sports equipment as it’s mainly used for aquatic sports. This narrow watercraft uses a double-bladed paddle to propel on the water.
Here are five major types of kayaks currently available:
- Sit-on-Top Kayaks: Ideal for beginners because they’re easy to use. They’re very stable because they’re wider than most models. Since they offer more legroom and easy access to gear, they’re also perfect for fishing.
- Touring Kayaks: They’re cozy to sit in and quite stable on the water. They’re great for beginners and experienced paddlers.
- Sea Kayaks: They usually have more speed and length than touring kayaks.
- Whitewater Kayaks: This includes a wide range of paddling types, such as surfing and river running.
- Inflatable Kayaks: A good option for those looking for compact transport. They’re perfect for recreational paddling.